Monday, April 30, 2007

Awesome Email I Needed to Share

You think you're bored? Take a look at what this guy did with all the time on his hands.! WOW *** "THE LEGO CHURCH" This is amazing! Someone certainly is talented and patient to createsuch a masterpiece. A few quick facts:

  • How long to build it? It was about a year and a half of planning, building and photographing.
  • How many pieces of LEGO to build it? More than 75,000
  • How big is it? About 7 feet by 5 1/2 feet by 30 inches (2.2 m x 1.7m x .76 m)
  • How many LEGO people does it seat? 1,372
  • How many windows? 3,976

It features a balcony, a Narthex, stairs to the balcony, restrooms, coatrooms, several mosaics a nave, a baptistry, an altar, a crucifix, a pulpit and an elaborate pipe organ.All I can say is .... "WOW!" Have a blessed and wonderful day, today and everyday.


9 comments:

VanDyks said...

Such a lovely church and yet the pews are only half-full. ;) I'm trying to figure out how they're getting away with having so many people in a church with no babysit. The parents who attend there must have much more obedient children than I do. :D
Kathryn

springcrop said...

Wow....wish I could have some of his spare time.

Anonymous said...

I've seen that before - it's incredible! Whoever built that must not have had little kids around, eh? We can hardly keep any lego creations together for longer than a day, let alone a year and a half!

Koetsier Family said...

What a cool picture!!!! I love how you always share neat stuff on your blog, I don't even know how to do any of that stuff. Anyways, hope to see you soon!!!

~aj~ said...

Someone seriously has too much time on their hands. That is surely amazing though!

scott+jenk said...

wow! that is crazy... looks like someone has too much time on their hands :D

♛Qu€€n♛J€§§¡¢a♛™ said...

Wow that is awesome!

Mel said...

That is incredible!

Matt and Julianna said...

That's so cool! I sell lego sets on Ebay sometimes and it's soooo fun to put them together, brings me back to my childhood.