Wednesday, April 4, 2007

The Good and The Bad

Yesterday after a few errands and our Coffee Break Bible Study/Story Hour, we met up with some friends at the park. We played for quite awhile and just enjoyed spring. The movies that I posted are hilarious to me... "He flipped off! Oh no!" and the second one... "I think I'm gonna get homesick" I really don't know how kids handle the merry-go-round. My kids all enjoyed a good time playing in the backyard too. However, I discovered "bug bites", swelling and blotching on Savannnah. Not sure what it was, she received a bath and benadryl, while discussing it with Kelly and Kim. I drew pen marks on Savannah so I could see the progression of the rash, bites or whatever it was. (Can't wait to explain her it is not ok to draw on herself). Wierd thing is she was happy and not complaining. She slept great...might have to try Benadryl again ;o)

This morning I had to go to Grocery Day at school and Kim checked her out at the doctor and was told if it gets worse to go to the ER. It was spreading a bit more, some spots better but new ones coming. She was getting some on her face and neck, so off to the ER she went. They took her in immediately and kind of in a rush. Savannah was dancing and happy, playing around with her toys. The diagnosis...Some sort of bug bites...probably ant bites... and a reaction to it...HIVES!!! Off to the school assembly and had to show off her hospital bracelet because it had letters on it. And Alex gave her a bracelet which she loves to show off too.

Sorry about these blurry ones as they are camera phone pics.

My hives and ant bites??
My new bracelets ;o)



Wheeeeeeee

My Carsten Boy


Needing a picture for Mom



"He flipped off! Oh no!"



"I think I'm gonna get homesick"

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

From someone whose had a few bad cases of hives in her life, I can totally relate to Savannah. I'm glad she stayed fairly chipper for you through the ordeal. I felt like I was going to go insane at times from the itching. I hope she never gets them again and that she'll be all better soon.

Anonymous said...

Awww, poor Savannah! Looks incredibly itchy. I'm glad that it doesn't seem to bother her much.
Cute videos - looks like fun! :0)

sandra said...

heidi gets those from fresh grass in the spring. the doctor says that she's allergic to the grass. it bugs her because she has to wear socks and shoes and can't wear sandals in the spring or even sit in the grass. thats irritating for a teenager.
henrietta

Mark, Linda, Alex, Carsten & Savannah said...

Henrietta...I sure hope that is not the case with Savannah. It is just sooo odd that she didn't really complain. It is almost all cleared up and hopefully it doesn't come back.