Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Day 2 was not near as exciting as yesterday and hopefully I remember it all as my first post didn’t go through :o( We spent the morning spring cleaning out the game & puzzle closet and all around the house. With gorgeous weather we were itching to get out for a bit. Off to our doctor’s appointments. 3 out of 4 of us had appointments – what better time than March Break? Savannah was getting caught up on her shots. The doctor was very impressed with her as she didn’t even cry after her two shots. I must admit she did snarl a bit at him after the first one. He was just really surprised as he said kids always cry. I attributed it to her rough and tumble brothers…and the sucker I gave to her in between the 2 shots. Alex didn’t even realize he had an appointment as he played game boy right through it. I am still hanging in there too. The one kid that didn’t have an appointment had a bad cold and so I just asked if there was a bad virus going around. Carsten was feeling cold and wearing a coat (in our nice 15+ weather). The doctor said it is going around and he was cold yesterday too. So off we went with our prescriptions for eczema cream, inhalers and headache medicine…thinking we were good to go. After a few errands and Carsten really not seeming to be himself (he only ate half his ice cream cone), we went home where he told us that he was cold and his head hurt. I took his temperature and it was 101.6 and I promptly got the flashlight out to check his throat…my guess...strep throat. Baffled as to why he didn’t tell me when we were at the doctors today, even after asking him. I gave him some Tylenol and waited for Mark to come home and off we went to the clinic. After a 45 minutes wait (and we were there just before 6!) we got our script and diagnosis…strep throat. We are planning to talk to our family doctor about it as he has had strep 4-5 times this winter, guessing he hasn’t really gotten over it a few times. Carsten is a great sick kid though!! He held in the tears until we got home (waiting almost 30 minutes for script filling) where his complaint was his bad headache. I understand the headache thing totally. So now Savannah’s shots have caught up to her, Carsten fell asleep on the couch minutes after he got home and Alex is full of energy. I didn’t take any pictures until getting back and here is the 3 I took. Please excuse the water soaked pillow from Carsten’s cool cloth for his head. Hopefully tomorrow is better.

4 comments:

Household of Faith said...

Hopefully carsten is feeling better soon! It's no fun being sick, especially when it is vacation time.

Sylvia said...

Yeah Carsten has definitely had his share of strep throat already! Poor kid.

Taunya said...

man that stinks! hopefully day 4 or 5 you'll all be good enough to do some of the other activities you (or the kids) planned. at least it's all at once so it doesnt last for weeks....maybe? take care!

Mark, Linda, Alex, Carsten & Savannah said...

Thankfully Taunya he usually perks up after 2 doses of medicine - he is the best sick kid around. I must say it took more out of him this time though