Tuesday, July 3, 2007

No Playing Goal and He Scores!!!!!!

Well back to soccer again. Carsten worked so hard tonight even though he could not play his favourite position - goalie. Or should I say he couldn't climb and hang from the goal post today. We finally got around to getting results from his xray that he had on June 20th! Carsten broke his index finger way back on the June Grocery Day. They never sent the xray on the doctor...after calling around today we got the results...no contact sports and definitely no playing goalie for at least another 2 weeks. The bright side to finding out about the broken finger is that it is well on the way to being healed and we only have 2 more weeks of "resting" it. Carsten played great and despite getting leveled by a player and pushed around a bunch...I am proud to say he did not retaliate at all...he kept getting up and going on. He came off the field when it was his turn for a break and just said, "I do not love that boy pushing me". You do not know how proud that makes me. Alex might have responded a bit differently, and Mom as well ;o)

And here is a video (far away and hard as it is to see), Alex (#11) finally getting another goal. He is such a natural half back that he always hangs back. How great to see him going up when he was playing a forward and getting a goal (with Peter right there). I just wanted to post a video as it is so hard to catch them in a stream of action. Great job boys...you played awesome tonight!!!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun that you were video-taping when he scored a goal! That'll be neat for him to see when he's older. Josh scored his first goal last night, and I wasn't there to see it :0(

Matt and Julianna said...

I can't wait to put my kids in sports...I think it's pretty fun to watch the games. I'm sure it would be a great way to teach Aaralyn how to deal with other kids :)