Monday, July 23, 2007

Our Summer Vacation :o)

Well we are back and I have lots of pictures to choose from. So if I posted to many...Sorry ;o) Most of the pictures will probably be of Savannah because she is easiest to catch as the boys run from the camera (especially Alex). The boys also went to Program for 2.5 hours each morning.

Where to start...we had a great time at Elim Lodge. We travelled up with Gerald and Sylvia and got there in good time. My parents were close behind and for some reason Adrian and Laura arrived after us ;o) Set up was not so fun for some as it rained and rained. I am sooo thankful to have a cottage. We seemed to a little of everything so here are a bunch of pictures to show what we did. There are no fishing ones as I only took my cell phone and don't know how to get the pictures off of my phone.

Our Cottage - nothing much to look at but not a tent :O)

The view from our deck out back - 5 am in the morning We had a few visits to "Play Park"

Savannah flying in her rocket shipCarsten swinging

Savannah gave Mark quite the scare the first time she did this

Savannah and Cailyn swinging with me

Savannah Pushing Aunt Mel on the swing



As much as I enjoy the pool...the beach was warmer and the kids absolutely loved it. Carsten constantly kept talking baout "catching his perfect wave". Can you tell we watched Surf's Up?

Emily

Cailyn and Savannah

After the beach we would head back behind our cottage and relax with family and friends. The hammocks (after much trouble to get them hanging) were a big hit. Thanks guys for allowing my kids to chill in them.

Aunt Jean and Alex relaxing

Melissa and her AlexThen off to do some more water sports. We did not do as much as we normally would as the weather was cool on some days.

Melissa

Laura and Sylvia
Alex and Melissa (right before Mel kicked him off)
Carsten holding on and screaming for his life
Grandpa good as ever at 57
Alex loved it & was a pro when he wiped out, paddling to the boat
Some cousins bought jet skis...here's Gerald having some fun
And this was the girls favourite ride. Mark and Gerald took the brunt of driving the girls around in their chariot (aka bike trailer).
Games Night and Day
I can't believe she is beating me!!!
Savannah taking on Cailyn



Stephen playing bocce ball with the boys

Shuffle board


Savannah's daily trip to the snackery with her daddy, their date. She wanted only crackers for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Then I was informed that Daddy was taking her to the snackery every morning for bacon, popsicles and ice cream.

Father/Daughter DateStorm came on quick

Savannah playing in the puddle after the downpour


Carsten not sure if Emily's "hugs" or the shopping in Bobcaygeon was worse

The squirrel got Alex's Baby Pop and ate it

Grandma and Grandpa outside the dining room

Savannah sitting pretty
And a few more that I thought I would add

Share!!!
Savannah

Carsten
Savannah and Carsten
Checking out her surroundings

What a great week we had!!! IF you made it to the end - WOW!

7 comments:

Household of Faith said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. Beautiful pictures. What a nice time it is to be with friends and family and just enjoy God's creation!

Mel said...

Looks like tons of fun. Dan went there when he was a kid. He saw me watching the video of Savaana playing on the monkey bar thing and he says "Elim Lodge used to have one of those!"

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! Looks like you all had a really fun time! Makes me so excited about our cottage-vacation that's coming up.
Would we be able to borrow your kids' life-jackets? I don't have any, and don't really feel like spending $60-70 to buy them for one week.

Taunya said...

I made it to the end, the more picture the better! looks like a nice place to cottage.

Mark, Linda, Alex, Carsten & Savannah said...

Yup, Elim still has that monkey bar rocket ship. Apparently they will be changing it out soon...they have been slowly but surely.

Jannyne, I got Savannah's at Canadian Tire for 19.99 and we will be continuing to use it all summer when we go swimming or to the beach. My parents have our other ones and theirs (not sure who's is whose) in the boat for all the other kids that come with. Sorry we can't get them to you.
I know it is expensive...the life jacket I wanted for Savannah was around 54.99 so we settles for the less nice one ;o) I am looking on the bright side, I know I will use them every year. HTH.

Marlene said...

Cor and I were just talking about Elim. The pictures are great, doesn't look like much has changed in the past years. Love the cute, cute picture of Savannah (one of the last ones).

Wow, up at 5 AM on vacation! Worth the picture though.

~aj~ said...

Now this is my kind of vacation! Looks like you guys had a great time! You got some wonderful photos. I'm very interested to know what kind of camera you have. My "action shots" are terrible compared to yours.